About Our Bank
The Citizens Bank of Swainsboro was chartered in November of 1900 making it the oldest existing financial institution in Emanuel County. We’ve stood the test of time. The Bank has occupied three locations since its inception. The first being at the corner of West Main and Green Streets, the second at the current City Hall Building and now at 121 North Main Street which was built in 1973.
The Bank is owned by Swainsboro Bankshares, Inc. and as of June 30, 2012, has $143,082,310.00 in assets, $129,782,744.00 in deposits and $100,580,212.00 in loans. The Board of Directors for the Bank and Holding Company are as follows: Sid Shepherd, Rufus Youmans, Jr., Denny Key, Bill Simmons, Rep. Butch Parrish, Milton Gray, Jr. and Minton Hester. Officers for the bank are: Milton Gray, Jr. President & CEO, Donna Bellamy, CFO, Jim Harrell, Sr. Vice-President, Athen J. Walden, Chief Credit Officer, Leck Boatright, Asst. Vice-President and Donna Barwick, Asst. Vice-President.
In January, 2002, the Citizens Bank of Swainsboro applied with the Georgia Department of Banking and Finance and the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) for the establishment of a branch location in Dublin, Laurens County, Georgia. The branch was approved on February 22, 2002. The branch officers are R. Jeffrey Cannon, President, June Moore, Senior Vice-President, Derek Harden, Vice-President, and Susan Glenn, Mortgage Executive. The branch is located on the corner of Hillcrest Parkway and Industrial Boulevard (1210 Hillcrest Parkway, Dublin, Georgia).
The Citizens Bank of Swainsboro/Laurens County is a full service financial institution, offering a full line of banking services, including 24 Hour ATM services, Internet Banking (including Bill Pay), Telephone Banking, safe deposit boxes, various types of loan and deposit products, and debit card services.